Attached to the southern wall of the city wall, it was commissioned in the Renaissance style by Blasco Núñez Vela, the first viceroy of Peru, around 1541.
The wall would have, towards the interior, a second defensive belt made up of the palaces of the nobility and clergy which, attached to the inner walls, would allow the defense against possible popular revolts and/or incursions of the enemy into the city.
Located in the Plaza de la Catedral, it is also known as the house of Gonzalo Dávila
Erected in the Cathedral square, its construction is very heterogeneous, dating from the late 15th to early 16th century.